Buy Local assists local businesses to compete for tenders and contracts on Council work and other major projects both in Frankston City and throughout Australia.
The program underpins local business growth and employment creation.
- The Industry Capability Network (ICN) Gateway – Council and other tender/work opportunities are now listed on the ICN Gateway. The Gateway is a FREE portal that notifies registrants about tender/work opportunities (registration details below).
- Tender Training – Council offers subsidised tender writing and procurement workshops to local businesses.
- Major Projects – Council will assist project managers in identifying local suppliers for major projects in Frankston City.
- Meet the Buyer Events – Council will hold information sessions on major construction projects, providing local business with the opportunity to bid for work packages.
- Council’s Own Commitment – Council purchases over $100,000 now require a local content statement, ensuring that local business has the opportunity to win Council work.
Since the Buy Local program commenced in 2013, almost $20 million in tenders and contracts for major projects and services have been awarded to local businesses.
To receive notifications of tender and contract opportunities with Frankston City Council and other major projects in the municipality, register your FREE account on the ICN Gateway now.